- Making optimum use of EU funds available for programmes and initiative.
- Disseminating information on policies being proposed and discussed by the European Union.
- Co-ordinating the Ministry’s involvement in COREPER and other EU Comitology.
- To fulfil the obligations and oversee the functions of the position of Senior Programming Officer, including the co-ordination of all issues within the Ministry dealing with EU funds.
- To keep abreast of the policies being proposed and discussed by the European Union that might have a direct or indirect effect on the strategy or operations of the Ministry.
- To oversee the development of and recommend to the Permanent Secretary, the Ministry’s position on policies proposed by the EU.
- To disseminate EU information to key stakeholders in a timely and expedient manner.
- Managing the administrative work related to the Ministry’s involvement in COREPER and Comitology meetings.